Minecraft is one of the most famous gaming apps available in the Microsoft Store. Often times when Windows 10 users encounter various issues while playing the game, the easiest way to fix the problem is to reset the app. In this article, we are going to show you the two easy ways to reset Minecraft game app on Windows 10.
Reset Minecraft game app
You can reset the Minecraft game app in two ways;
- Via the Settings app
- Via the AppData folder
Let’s see a description of each of the methods.
1]Reset Minecraft game app through Settings app
The Apps and Settings section of Windows Settings hosts some of the options for the apps installed on your Windows 10 computer. From here you can easily reset the game app.
- Click on Search in the taskbar and type Minecraft.
- Right click on the result and select Application settings.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset button.
- A pop-up window will ask you for confirmation; Click on Reset.
- You will see a check mark when the reset is complete.
2]Reset the Minecraft game app via the AppData folder
The Appdata folder keeps all Minecraft files, settings, configurations, and cache. You can reset the game by deleting the selected items in this location. Proceed as follows:
- hurry Windows key + R to call up the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type the environment variable below and press Enter.
- At the location, open the .minecraft folder by double-clicking on it.
- Remove Resources, Trash, mods, and configuration Records.
- Now open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the ellipsis (3 horizontal dots) next to your profile picture and select My library.
- Select Minecraft, then Update.
So you can reset Minecraft game on Windows 10!
PS: Can’t push Minecraft download on your Windows 10 PC?